Thursday, April 2, 2009

What Now?

It’s April 2nd, and that means 30 First Dates should be well on it's way. 30 days, 30 men, 30 stories. I’d love to say that I have a great story from date no. 1 coming. And I’d love to say that date no. 2 was tonight. And I would really love to say that this is going to be the most exciting blog ever written! BUT... something happened. Something unexpected and, well… unimaginable.

I met someone. And not just met someone, we’re…. together, as in: 'Status: In a Relationship'. How did this happen? No really, I’m asking. It just hit me, like a San Francisco taxi cab (ow). If I believed in love at first sight, then I’d say our connection could probably make it under it's wikipedia definition. Everything about our first date was flawless. But it wouldn’t have mattered where we went, or what we had done, it was that undeniable chemistry that made us fall head over heels for each other.

So what now? How do I go from serial dater to committed girlfriend in less than a week? From flirtatious glances on the street to staring down at my pumps? From FH 3, 4, & 5 to…. the BF? I've already started cutting my ties and let me tell you, it hasn’t been pretty. One boy went so far as to defriend me on facebook. Really? Real mature buddy.

Now about this blog. Have I lost my identity? Or do I continue on with the trials of this new found relationship. Or the fact that I have a pseudo date on Saturday that I still haven’t cancelled. Or maybe the fact that I’m terrified when I should be elated. No really, terrified. Not because it doesn't feel right (it definitely does), but because I'm not sure I'm capable of being a good girlfriend. I guess time will tell...

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! See how we can never predict what's going to happen? Life never ceases to amaze. Don't freak out, and don't project a week, a month, a year ahead, just take it one day at a time.
    You should enjoy the moment. You may not be blogging about 30 dates anymore, but I guarantee you'll feel inspired to write about something *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo....if you really feel that you are ready for the title "girlfriend" then go for it. Cut the ties. If it is truly time for you, then you will be a very good girlfriend. Dare I say sometime down the road....wife? I look forward to the continuation of this blog

    ReplyDelete