Monday, March 29, 2010

Dear (Personal) Space Invader,

Thank you for “researching” everything about me before our first date. You were so prepared you even answered all my questions with responses I would say. Like when I asked what type of music you listen to, you said Jazz. Jazz! And you even like Jamie Cullum, that’s my favorite artist! But you already knew that. Speaking of Jamie Cullum, thanks for finding tickets for me/us since they were sold out. It’s kind of weird that at the concert you didn’t know a single song he sang, or sway along to the music, or even smile for that matter. You must have been tired that night or something. Maybe that’s why when I said it was the best concert I had ever been to you seemed shocked, but later said it was the best you had seen too. Delayed reaction. Or maybe it was the double shot of Crown, straight up, that you had. Did you know Crown is my favorite drink? Oh you did? Well for “trying to get into whiskey” I guess it’s a good choice. It's too bad you couldn’t finish it, or even get half way through it for that matter.

What I thought was most impressive was when you told me you’re a foodie, because you know I love to try new restaurants/eat in general. It’s funny though, you couldn’t even name one restaurant in all of LA, so we drove around…. for an hour. Maybe there were just too many options.

To top it all off you even brought me the movie you recommended (and I said I’d get around to). I told you my bff has it and I’d borrow it from her, but you insisted. I said I’d get it on Netflix, but you insisted. I even said I didn’t know when I’d have time to watch it, or when/if I’d see you again, but… you insisted. You must really want me to see this movie.

Oh, and thanks for sending me the link to the company I’m interviewing with, even after I said I had already visited the site. Then for doing added research and telling me other people had negative experiences there, and it might not be worth my time. It’s nice that you had time at work to do all that searching.

Unfortunately I’m so sorry, but even though we apparently like exactly the same tv shows, movies, music, activities, sports, types of food, and now alcohol, I just don’t think it’s going to work out. Maybe I should stick to "opposites attract", or maybe you’re just crazy.

P.S. You might want to get your eyes checked, they kept staring, kind of wildly… it freaked me out.

2 comments: