Saturday, May 8, 2010

Like, Love, Hate. A short story.

Look at you; that outfit, that face, that voice. Drinks. Dinner. Champaign. Drinks. My place. I like you. From strangers to being inseparable. Be your girlfriend? Who are you? I don’t even know you. A run down of your past, your middle name, the meanings of your tattoos. Meet your mother? She didn’t seem to like me. You think you love me? I guess I love you too. Move in with you? Are you insane? It’ll be temporary. We’re going to get married anyway, why not? I love you. Can’t you pick up your socks? And the toothpaste in the sink…? Thanks for making dinner honey. I think you’ve had enough to drink. What do you mean you’re going out? Let’s talk tomorrow when you’re sober. I say these things because I love you. Who’s texting you at this hour? And why is she saying she misses you? Fine, it’s in the past. Let’s move on, together. Buy a house? But… well, I love you too. I lost my job. Wait, I’m being annoying? You’re never home! Who are you chatting with? It would be easier if I had a job? You said I didn’t have to work. Let’s take a vacation? NY? I had an amazing time. I love you. Who gave you this journal? She says you love her. It’s not mutual? This isn’t working. You’ll never talk to her again? Don’t cry. You’re sorry, I know. We’ll be fine. Work with you? I guess that’ll be fun. I’m a bitch? You’re a lying cheating asshole! You hated our NY trip? Well I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment